In the context of the European Youth Event (EYE2021) and in its effort to become more accessible and inclusive in the future, the European Parliament has commissioned a Flash Eurobarometer Youth Survey amongst more than 18,000 young people, from 16 to 30 years old, in all 27 Member States.
Specifically, the survey covered the following topics:
- Young people’s general level of interest in politics and the issues and values they feel should be prioritised
- The extent to which they participate in political and civic activities (including voting) and barriers to such participation
- Their understanding of, and attitudes towards, the European Union
- Their awareness of, and experiences of, the European Parliament’s Youth Offer
- Their sources of information on political and social issues, and the perceived veracity of different sources.
Additionally, the European Parliament, asked two youth researchers to contextualise the survey results from a scientific perspective, and in their report “Influencing and understanding political participation patterns of young people” they raise as lot of issues that policy makers and EU institutions should and could be more aware of when engaging with young people in the future.
Read more here.